Chef Perry Scaletta,
According to Chef Perry, the secret to neatly plating pasta is to grab the pasta with thongs and, from the pan, start twirling it. Continue to twirl until you have a tight knot and deposit onto plate.
1 tsp olive oil
250 grams capellini pasta
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 red onion, sliced
1 Tbsp garlic, minced
1 crushed red chile pepper
1 whole red chile pepper
2 green onions, sliced
1 roma tomato
Pinch dry dill
2 sprigs fresh dill
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup white wine
1 (6 oz) salmon steak, cut into 1-inch slices
3/4 cup chicken stock
1 Tbsp butter
1 tsp horseradish
1 hard-boiled egg
1. In a large pot, at high heat, bring water to a boil. Add olive oil, salt and capellini.
2. Boil for 4 minutes and strain.
1. In a large sauté pan, at medium high heat, heat olive oil. Add red onions, garlic, crushed and whole red chile peppers.
2. Toss in green onions, tomatoes, dry and fresh dill, and salt and pepper. Sauté.
3. Add white wine and salmon. Reduce sauce by half.
4. Add chicken stock and reduce by half. Add butter and horseradish.
5. Add boiled cappellini to saucepan and let simmer for three minutes.
1. Grate egg on top of dish and serve.
Yield 1 serving