by Viva Vietnamese Restaurant
1 lb of ground pork, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced half of shallot onion, minced
2 Tbsp fish sauce
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp of baking powder
4 cups canola oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a large bowl, combine pork, garlic, onion, fish sauce, sugar, pepper, baking powder and 1 Tbsp canola oil.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the fridge overnight.
4. Using a spoon, place 2 Tbsp of mixture in palm of hand.
5. Squeeze gently together, making golfball-sized balls.
6. Place ball on baking sheet.
7. Repeat steps 5 & 6 until all balls are made.
8. Bake in oven for 30 minutes and remove.
9. In a large sauce pan, heat remaining canola oil on med-high heat.
10. Deep fry 5 pork balls for 4-5 mins and set aside.
11. Fry remaining pork balls.
12. Serve with deluxe vermicelli.
Yield 10 pork balls