Chef Erin Deller,
Unbelievably, Cheez Whiz has been around since 1953. The cheesy sauce helps this recipe go retro and will be a surefire hit with kids. A dramatic garnish adds flair for adults.
4 eggs, hard-boiled
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp flour
1 cup milk
3-4 Tbsp Cheez Whiz
4 pieces of bread or 6 English muffin halves, toasted
1. Separate the white and yolk of the hard-boiled eggs. Chop the white medium fine and set aside. Grate the yolks and set aside.
2. In a saucepan, over medium heat, combine butter and flour to make a roux. Stir in milk to thicken sauce. Stir in Cheez Whiz.
3. Add chopped egg whites to the cheese sauce.
4. Spoon cheese sauce on top of toasted bread or muffins.
5. Sprinkle with grated egg yolks.
Yield 4 servings