Chef Greg Anania,
The almond crust adds a satisfying crunch to each bite of this ultra-juicy chicken loaded with rich flavours.
4 6 oz Prairie Orchard Farms omega-3 chicken breasts
2 cups dried breadcrumbs
1 cup almonds, crushed
3 large eggs
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp fresh parsley
1 medium white onion, diced
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp sugar
8 asparagus spears
3 oz Bothwell Smoked Gouda, shredded
olive oil for frying
1. Fry onions, butter and sugar at medium-high heat, until onions are caramelized.
2. Preheat oven to 375°F.
3. Mix breadcrumbs, almonds, salt, pepper and parsley in flat dish. Set aside.
4. In mixing bowl, whisk eggs and set aside.
5. Using a paring knife, cut a 1″ horizontal slit at thick end of breast. To form a pocket, slice down into opening half way through breast.
6. Trim asparagus to fit and stuff into pocket with cheese and onions. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Roll breasts in eggs, then fully coat in almond breadcrumbs.
8. Heat oil in frying pan on medium heat. Cook stuffed breasts until golden on both sides.
9. Place chicken in baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 30‑40 min.
Yield 4 servings