Chef Talia Syrie,
The Tallest Poppy
This hearty loaf gets a spike of citrusy tartness from cranberries and orange.
3 lbs ground chicken
2 Tbsp roughly chopped cranberries
1/2 tsp sage
1/2 tsp parsley
1/2 tsp rosemary
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 onion, finely sliced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 cup fine bread crumbs
4 slices bacon
3/4 cup roughly chopped cranberries
1 medium-sized orange, peeled and cubed
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 large onion, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly mix together all ingredients except bacon.
3. Line a 8″ square pan with parchment paper.
4. Press mixture into pan and top with bacon.
5. Bake for 45 mins.
1. In a medium-sized sauce pan over low heat, combine all ingredients. Cook until onions are soft.
2. Remove sauce from heat and blend in a food processor until smooth. Strain sauce through colander into pan.
3. Slice loaf, drizzle with sauce and serve.
Yield 8 servings