Chef/Owner Kristjan Kristjansson
This snack bites back with kick of heat from dried chiles.
1/2 8 oz box panko breading
7 fresh basil leaves, chopped
sea salt and white pepper
2 egg whites
1 cup milk
1/2 lb Manitoba chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
oil for deep frying
1 bag vermicelli noodles
2 cups simple syrup or corn syrup
8 dried chiles, crushed
1/4 cup Tabasco sauce
1. Combine panko, half of the chopped basil, salt and pepper in plastic bag.
2. Whisk egg whites and milk.
3. Dip chicken into a bowl with egg wash then coat in panko mixture.
4. Deep fry for 6-8 min. until golden brown.
5. Boil water. Cook vermicelli noodles for 5-6 min.
6. Combine simple syrup with crushed chillies, chopped basil and Tabasco. Toss chicken in sauce and plate over vermicelli noodles.
Yield 6 appetizer servings