Chef Sonia Valdes,
La Fiesta Cafecito
2 cups corn flour
1 3/4 cups water
2 cups refried beans
1. Knead corn flour and water until dough is firm and smooth, about 4 minutes.
2. Roll out dough in balls the size of golf balls in your hands (about 14 balls). Hollow a small hole halfway into each ball and fill with refried beans.
3. Close sides of dough around bean. Flatten dough in your palms.
4. Preheat a greased grill. Cook for two minutes on each side.
1. Serve pupusa with curtido, Salvadoran coleslaw.
Yield 14 pupusas