Executive Chef Michael Dacquisto,
Always ensure the beef is extremely fresh, and keep it chilled at all times before serving.
80g beef tenderloin
pinch sea salt
freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 Tbsp shallots, finely minced
1 tsp basil, finely chopped
1 tsp chives, finely chopped
1 tsp parsley , finely chopped
2 Tbsp extra virign olive oil
shaved parmigiano reggiano
2 slices bread, toasted, crust removed
1. Slice beef as thinly as possible. Arrange slices in a circular shape, the size of a dinner plate, between two sheets of lightly oiled waxed paper.
2. Roll very lightly with rolling pin being careful not to tear the meat.
3. Remove one sheet of paper and place beef-side down on a large serving plate. Gently peel off remaining sheet. Try not to tear meat.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Sprinkle with shallots, herbs and olive oil.
6. Arrange shaved parmesan.
7. Garnish with toast points.
Yield 4 servings