Courtesy of Supasorn Sayavongsa and Vilayphone Manivong – Sabai Thai
1 cup minced beef
1 tsp toasted rice powder
2 Tbsp fish sauce
pinch of msg
1/4 of a lime
1 tsp dried shallots
1/4 cup chopped celery
3 – 4 chopped basil leaves
1/2 cup bean sprouts
1/4 cup shredded carrots
Thai red chili powder (optional for spice)
1. In a frying pan add 5 Tbsp of water to lightly sauté the beef to rare.
2. Remove from heat to cool before mincing. Keep the juices from the pan.
3. Combine all the ingredients into a mixing bowl, including the juices from the pan and toss until mixed well.
4. Serve with lettuce and sticky rice.
5. Garnish with sliced green onion and cucumber.
Yield 1 serving