Fude Inspired Cuisine and Wine Bar
Local beets give this Middle Eastern classic a rich, vibrant hue.
1 can chickpeas
2 Tbsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp minced garlic
2 tsp fresh parsley
1/8 tsp cayenne
1 tsp ground cumin
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
6 slices crostini
6 roasted garlic cloves
garlic butter, melted
1. Cut ends off beets and dice into 1 inch cubes
2. Place beets in a microwaveable container with 2 Tbsp water
3. Microwave beets for 5 min, or until fork tender.
4. Rinse chickpeas over the sink in a large colander
5. Combine beets, sesame oil, garlic, parsley, cayenne, cumin, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in food processor.
6. Spoon mixture into a large bowl and stir in chickpeas.
7. Working in batches, blend mixture in food processor until completely smooth (absolutely no chunks).
8. To serve, baste crostini slices with garlic butter and toast in pizza oven for 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown. Divide hummus over crostini and garnish with a roasted garlic clove.
Yield 6 crostini