Chef Rachid El Kafi,
Crêpes are equally elegant when served for brunch or dessert. Plump local berries and creamy Cassis (black currant) liquor make for a luscious sauce, especially when accompanied with goat cheese.
1 1/2 cups flour
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups skim milk
4 oz chèvre
1 Tbsp Cassis
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1. In mixing bowl, combine eggs and salt. Add flour alternately with milk, beating until smooth. Add oil and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hr.
2. In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
3. Use 2 Tbsp of batter per crêpe. Rotate skillet to coat with a thin layer of batter. Cook until side is golden. Flip crêpe and brown other side.
4. In a saucepan over medium high heat, add Cassis and butter. Add blueberries and sauté until soft.
5. Pour blueberries over crêpe and serve with a side of chèvre. Finish with a splash of Cassis.
Yield 2 servings