A smooth, rich brownie base with a spread of buttery chocolate icing creates chewy temptation with double the cocoa power.
3/4 cup butter
1 ½ cups sugar
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup cocoa, sifted
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup butter
4 cups icing sugar
2 tbsp milk
1-2 Tbsp cocoa powder
1. Cream together butter and sugar.
2. Add eggs one at a time.
3. Add dry ingredients, and mix until combined.
4. Spread batter with spatula onto 10” square pan lined with parchment. Bake at 350°F until middle has set, about 15-20 mins.
1. Cream butter
2. Gradually add icing sugar, milk, and vanilla
3. Beat for approx. 5 min until light and fluffy.
4. For chocolate icing, add cocoa powder.
Let cool and cut into squares. Ice with chocolate or mocha icing.
Yield approx 1 dozen squares