Sous Sol – Chef Kurt Kolbe
Brussels Sprouts with Romesco Sauce
2 red peppers
1/4 cup hazelnuts
1 clove garlic
pinch of paprika & cayenne
2 Tbsp olive oil
15-20 medium-large Brussels sprouts
1 Tbsp butter
1/4 cup white wine
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/8 cup mustard greens
1 Tbsp grainy mustard
1. Roast red peppers over an open flame.
2. Place in bowl and cover with saran wrap for 20 minutes, allowing peppers to steam so the charred skin can be easily removed.
3. Purée in a blender with toasted hazelnuts, garlic and olive oil.
4. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
1. Core and halve Brussels sprouts.
2. Sear, face down in a pan with olive oil and butter.
3. Deglaze pan with white wine.
4. When Brussels sprouts are caramelized, toss and cook in the pan until tender. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
5. Serve on top of romesco sauce, garnish with crushed hazelnuts, grainy mustard, micro greens and mustard greens.
Yield 2-4 servings