Bucatini Pasta with Basil Cashew Pesto
Each fork twirl coats long noodles with heavenly cashew creaminess adding classic comfort to crimini, shiitake, oyster and portobello mushrooms.
1 lb bucatini pasta
1 cup assorted mushrooms
1 cup snap peas, bias cut
20 grape tomatoes, halved
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
10 Tbsp basil cashew pesto
3 Tbsp unsalted butter (optional)
Basil Cashew Pesto (Makes 1 1/2 cups)
3/4 cup fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup toasted whole cashews
Zest of 1/2 lemon
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 cup olive oil
Kosher salt to taste
Basil Cashew Pesto
1. In a blender or food processor pulse together olive oil, cashews and lemon zest.
2. Add basil and pulse.
3. Add parmesan and pulse again.
4. Season to taste.
1. Cook bucatini pasta in salted boiling water. Strain and reserve 1 cup of cooking water.
2. Place a large sauté pan on the stove on medium-high heat. Add the pasta, reserved water, snap peas, olive oil and lemon juice.
3. Once hot, add tomatoes and pesto.
3. Add butter and season to taste.
4. Divide onto four plates and garnish with parmesan cheese.
Yield 4 servings