Chef/Owner Christa Bruneau-Guenther
Feast Café Bistro
Traditional squash and pine nuts top this bannock pizza crust.
1/2 butternut squash, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp chilli powder
2 Tbsp oil (olive, grapeseed, vegetable or canola)
1 Tbsp pine nuts
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
1/4 cup white sauce
bison sausage, sliced in halves
2 sprigs green onions, sliced thin
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Add oil, chilli powder and salt. Mix well. Spread squash into a single layer on baking sheet.
3. Bake for 12-16 minutes or until squash is cooked through and soft.
4. On lightly floured surface, roll out dough.
5. Place on sheet and prick dough with a fork. Add white sauce.
6. Place squash all over dough, sprinkle pine nuts and add cheeses.
7. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and crust is golden brown.
8. Remove from heat. Top with cooked bison sausage, green onions and drizzle more white sauce on top.
Yield 1 pizza
Use for taco fry bread and pizza crust.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup warm water
1. In large bowl or on clean surface, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Make a well in the middle of flour and pour in warm water.
3. Using a fork, spoon or hands, work the flour into the water. Gently knead dough into a ball. Do not over knead.
White Sauce (Maple Chipotle Lime Sour Cream)
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tsp chipotle paste
1 tsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp of freshly squeezed lime juice
In a bowl mix all ingredients together until combined.