Choose your favourite cake recipe, frosting and glittery sprinkles for this festive take on cake pops. Use a pretty curl of ribbon and decorative ’hardware’ from a craft store to create a unique holiday treat.
1 cake, cooled and crumbled
2/3 cup frosting
3 cups coloured candy melts
1 1/2 cups sugar sprinkles
1. Cover baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, use a wooden spoon to combine cake crumbs and frosting.
3. Using hands, form ice cream scoop-sized ball of cake and place on baking sheet.
4. Repeat step 3 until cake is finished.
5. In a double boiler on medium-high, melt candy melts, stirring frequently.
6. Reduce heat to minimum.
7. Using a spoon, coat cake balls with melted candy melts.
8. Roll in sugar sprinkles and return to baking sheet.
9. Refrigerate for 1 hr before garnishing with hardware and ribbon.
Yield 12 ornaments