1 lb large squid tubes
1 tsp salt
juice of 1 lemon
4 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 lb fresh asparagus
1 lb fresh pasta
1 1/2 cup organic white flour
3 large free-run eggs
plus 1 egg yolk
1/4 tsp salt
zest of 1 lemon
6 Tbsp tobiko (flying fish roe)
1. Begin by cutting squid length wise into 1/8 inch wide strips resembling linguine. Place in a ziplock bag along with lemon juice and salt. Remove as much air as possible by submerging in water and then seal the bag. Sous vide by placing in water heated to 130°F for at least 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, make pasta by adding eggs to flour and salt and kneading until a smooth and elastic dough is achieved. Rest the dough for 1/2 hour before rolling and cutting into 4 inch linguine noodles.
3. Cut asparagus into 1/4 inch pieces and blanch in boiling water for 3 minutes then place in an ice bath. When ready to serve, boil pasta for 3 minutes.
4. In a pan with olive oil on medium heat, toss the squid linguine, pasta and asparagus. Salt to taste.
5. Put in the center of pasta bowls and garnish with 1 Tbsp tobiko and a small piece of shaved grana padano. Top with grated lemon zest.
Yield 6 servings