Chef Heiko Duehrsen,
The Gates on Roblin
This light and refreshing sorbet works as a sweet treat at the end of a meal, or can be served in between courses as a palate cleanser.
1 large cantaloupe, skinned, seeded and chopped
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg white (optional)
1/4 cup champagne
1. In a blender, purée cantaloupe. Push through fine strainer into bowl.
2. Stir in lemon and sugar until dissolved.
3. Pour mixture into ice cream maker and let freeze.
4. Once mixture starts to thicken, add champagne and egg white to create fluffy texture.
5. Garnish with small melon balls.
Yield 4 servings