Chef Michael Day,
Creamy and decadent dulce de leche crêpes are a snap to prepare and
make a perfect denouement to any dinner.
Dulce de Leche
1 250 mL can condensed milk
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups milk
1 Tbsp cup dark rum
1 Tbsp white sugar
1 cup raspberries
Dulce de Leche
1. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil on stove top.
2. Remove label and place sealed can in pot.
3. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 90 mins, making sure can is submerged.
4. Add additional water as needed.
5. Remove can from pot and cool.
1. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt.
2. In a seperate bowl using a fork, combine eggs, milk and rum.
3. Using a wooden spoon, add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and gently mix until there are no lumps.
4. Place batter in fridge for 30 mins.
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F.
2. Open can of condensed milk (dulce de leche) and spoon into small bowl.
3. Preheat a large, non-stick pan over medium heat.
4. Add 1/2 cup batter to middle of pan and let mixture run to sides.
5. Cook for 1 min and flip. Cook for additional 30 secs and remove pan from heat.
6. Add 1-2 Tbsps of dulce de leche to centre of crêpe and fold sides to create square. Flip crêpe over in pan.
7. Transfer crêpe to large baking dish.
8. Repeat steps 4 to 7 until batter is finished.
9. Bake assembled crêpes in oven for 5 mins or until warm.
10. Sprinkle crêpes with sugar.
11. Using a kitchen torch, quickly caramelize sugar.
12. Garnish with additional dulce de leche and raspberries.
Yield 5 servings