Courtesy of Chef Michele Di Fonte – Monticchio Ristorante Italiano
1 1/3 cup water
1 packet dry active yeast
1 Tbsp sugar
2 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp kosher salt
3 cups flour
1 cup whipping cream
1 egg yolk
1/8 tsp salt and pepper
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup crumbled bacon
1. Bloom yeast in warm water with sugar until a thick foam has developed.
2. Add liquid to mixing bowl and add 1 cup of flour and combine well, add the salt and oil.
3. Add remaining flour until the dough becomes slightly sticky.
4. Transfer the ball to a slightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap or a damp kitchen towel.
5. Proof for an hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
1. Add whipping cream and egg yolk to a medium saucepan.
2. Over medium heat, whisk until cream comes to a boil.
3. Add bacon.
4. Reduce heat and simmer 3-5 mins until it starts to thicken.
5. Stir in parmesan, salt, pepper and parsley until smooth and thick.
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Roll out dough to fill pan.
3. Add carbonara sauce over
the entire pizza.
4. Bake for 15 minutes,
until crust is slightly
Yield 1 pizza