Chef Ron Schellenberg,
Chef Ron is tight-lipped about his top secret chai mix recipe. Included is our alternative.
Ciao! chai mix
1/2 Tbsp cardamom
1/2 Tbsp cracked black pepper
1/2 tsp each cinnamon, cloves, ginger, star anise
*Mix together well.
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup flour
2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
1/3 cup chai mix
3 cups icing sugar
22 oz Bakers cream cheese
22 oz Philadelphia light cream cheese
6 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp gelatin
2 L whipping cream
1. Line a 10-inch springform pan with parchment paper along its sides and base.
2. Mix butter, flour and cookie crumbs. Pack the crumb mix to the bottom of the pan.
3. Bake at 350˚F for 15 minutes. Remove and let the bottom of the crust cool.
4. In a mixer, combine the chai mix, icing sugar, and cream cheeses until smooth.
5. In a bowl, mix the water and gelatin together. In a separate bowl, pour whipping cream. Slowly stir in gelatin mixture.
6. Fold the whipping cream mixture into the cream cheese mixture. Pour filling into cooled crust.
7. Chill for at least 45 minutes before trying to cut.
Yield 12 servings