Owner Tony De Luca,
De Luca’s Specialty Foods
The chicken sausages with Cajun spice used in this recipe can be found at De Luca’s Specialty Foods.
1 lb (450 g) chicken sausage with Cajun spice
1.5 lb (700 g) rapini or broccoli, cut into small rosettes
4 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
4 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Boil sausage links in lightly salted water for 20 minutes.
2. Let cool and cut into 2-inch pieces. Set aside.
3. Blanche broccoli in salted water for 4-5 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain, reserve 1 cup of the cooking water.
4. In a large pan, heat olive oil and add sausage. Sauté 2-3 minutes until light golden.
5. Add wine and allow to evaporate. Add broccoli and sauté 2-3 minutes. Stir frequently. Add some of the reserved water if need.
6. Add garlic and parsley and cook until all liquid has evaporated. Add salt & pepper to taste.
1. Serve with lightly broiled polenta slices or Tuscan bread.
Yield 4-6 servings