Chilled Peach and Roasted Carrot Soup
This refreshing summer soup is served in the French style, with dressed arugula. Swap cream for pistachio milk to make the soup vegan.
2 large carrots, peeled and diced
2 large onions, peeled and diced
1 cup frozen peaches
4 cups cream
1 Tbsp parsley oil or lemon oil (or infused oil of your choosing)
salt and pepper, to taste
arugula, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 450ºF.
2. On an oiled pan, roast the carrots, onions, and peaches for 15 mins or until tender. Transfer to a blender and blitz on high. Slowly add cream to thin the soup.
3. Strain and reserve in fridge until chilled. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. To plate, garnish each bowl with a little bit of arugula (as desired) tossed in parsley oil. Pour approx. 1 cup of chilled soup into each bowl. Add remaining oil to the top.
Yield 4 servings
This signature has been on Era’s menu since day one. Malty beer batter brings out carrots’ inherent sweetness.
2 large carrots
1 bottle beer of your choice
1/2 cup flour
1 cup canola oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Water, as needed
1. Peel and slice the carrots into sticks, roughly 3 inches long, 1/2 inch thick. Set aside.
2. To make batter, mix the flour, salt and pepper, beer, and egg together in a large bowl. Thin the batter with water until desired consistency is reached.
3. Heat canola oil in a shallow pot. Proceed to dip carrots into the batter and fry in the oil until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and season to taste.
Yield 2 servings