Chef Dana Gresswell,
Mondragon Bookstore and Coffeehouse
This mock cheesecake is so creamy and rich, you’ll have a hard time believing no dairy is involved. Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese and Earth Balance margarine are sold at Organza Market.
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup melted Earth Balance margarine
1 1/2 cups oats
1 1/2 cups walnuts
2 pkgs extra firm silken tofu
1 1/2 pkgs Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup sifted cocoa
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 Tbsp cornstarch
2 Tbsp water
1. In a food processor, blend all ingredients.
2. In a 9″ springform pan, press evenly along bottom.
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. Dissolve cornstarch in water.
3. In a food processor, blend all ingredients until smooth.
4. Add filling to springform pan and bake for 40 mins until edges are slightly golden and start to pull away from the pan. Centre should still wiggle.
5. Let cool for one hr.
Yield 12 servings