Chef Alexander Svenne,
Bistro 7 1/4
This gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan dessert achieves deep chocolate flavour with sensual, smooth consistency.
3/4 cup sugar
6 Tbsp cocoa
3 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp salt
4 cups coconut milk
8 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped
1 Tbsp coconut run (optional)
toasted coconut for garnish
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup lime juice
1 Tbsp lime zest
1. In a large bowl combine cocoa, sugar salt and cornstarch.
2. Whisk in 1 cup coconut milk to make a paste.
3. In a large saucepan, bring remaining 3 cups coconut milk to a boil. Whisk in chocolate paste and cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
4. Place chopped chocolate in mixing bowl, pour pudding over chocolate and stir until all chocolate is melted.
5. Stir in rum. Transfer to serving
dishes and cool.
1. In a small saucepan bring sugar and lime juice to boil. Boil for 1 min.
2. Stir in lime zest. Cool.
1. Garnish puddings with toasted coconut and lime syrup.
Yield 4 servings