Baker/owner Derrick Godfrey,
The Cupcake Corner
1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt, 1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar, 2 eggs
2/3 cup half and half cream
2/3 cup miniature chocolate chips
1 cup butter, at room temp
1 1/3 cups icing sugar, pinch of salt
1 Tbsp half and half cream
1 tsp coconut extract
1/2 cup coconut flakes, toasted
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
3. Cream butter and sugar. Add individual eggs, beat fluffy.
4. Alternately add flour mixture and cream to butter blend, mix continuously. Beat until smooth.
5. Fold in chocolate chips.
6. Fill paper liners 2/3 with batter.
7. Bake 15-20 mins. Cool.
1. In a mixing bowl beat butter. Gradually add icing sugar.
2. Add remaining ingredients but coconut and beat until fluffy.
1. Place all ingredients in a saucepan, bring to boil over low-med heat, soften berries. Cool.
2. Strain through a sieve.
3. Make centre hole in each cake.
4. Fill with raspberry coulis.
5. Frost, garnish with coconut.
Yield a dozen Cupcakes