Baker Raul Mantel,
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 Tbsp corn syrup
1 1/2 Tbsp honey
3 egg yolks, beaten
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened baking chocolate, grated
1 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
1. In a bowl, mix milk and cream. Add cocoa powder through a sieve, and continue mixing until smooth.
2. Add corn syrup, honey and yolks, stirring constantly.
3. Add sugar and stir until blended.
4. Place bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and use wire whisk to mix until it is warm 180 °F. Use a thermometer.
5. Add chocolate gradually and mix until it reaches 180 °F.
6. When chocolate is completely dissolved add vanilla and stir for two mins until mixture thickens, do not boil.
7. Now put your mixture in ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s directions.
8. Store in freezer for at least 24 hrs. Remove 30 mins before serving.
Yield 1 litre