Sweet Endings Cafe
These elegant mousse cups are so simple to make, since they use store
bought chocolate cups. Try using other flavourings or liqueurs,
like orange, coffee or raspberry. Gold dust is available at Belle Cake & Candy,
Evelyn’s and where cake decorating supplies are sold.
1 cup whipping cream
1 Tbsp icing sugar
1 oz semi sweet chocolate, melted
1 Tbsp cream
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
12 chocolate cups
1/2 cup melted semi sweet chocolate
edible gold dust
1. In a medium bowl, mix whipping cream and icing sugar until firm peaks form.
2. Over a double boiler, melt chocolate with cream. Fold into whipped cream mixture.
3. Add mint extract. Place mixture into a piping bag, fitted with a star tip.
4. Pipe mousse into ready made chocolate cups.
1. Fill piping bag fitted with a round tip with melted chocolate.
2. On a sheet of parchment, pipe star shapes. Let cool. Brush with edible gold dust.
3. Top each cup with a star.
Yield 10-12 cups