Sous Chef Joël Lamoreux,
La Vieille Gare
Chef Luc uses flexible molds but insists that any mold or dessert cup will do.
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1 1/2 leaves gelatin
3 cups whipping cream, divided
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Cocoa, to cover molds
1 Tbsp cornstarch
2 Tbsp water
1 stick cinnamon
1 orange, zested, sliced, juiced
1 star anise
1 cup sugar
1 cup red wine
2 cups sour cherries
1. In a double boiler, melt chocolate.
2. Soak the gelatin leaves in cold water.
3. Warm up 1/2 cup of the cream and add to the gelatin.
4. Add this warm mixture to the chocolate. Cool until lukewarm.
5. Whip the remaining cream with powdered sugar.
6. Whip 1/3 of the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture.
7. Fold in the rest of the whipped cream.
8. Pipe mixture into molds.
9. Set molds in freezer for 1 1/2 hours.
10. Remove mousse from molds, making sure that it is partially frozen.
11. Using a sifter, cover the mousse with powdered cocoa. Transfer to plates.
1. In a bowl, combine cornstarch & water.
2. In a pot, combine cinnamon, orange zest, orange juice, orange slices, star anise, red wine, sour cherries. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove orange pieces and cinnamon.
3. Add cornstarch mixture to the cherry mixture. Simmer for 2 minutes.
Yield 4 servings