Pastry Chef Doug Krahn,
The Gates on Roblin
Chef Doug personalized this decadent flourless cake by making individual servings. Party goers are sure to swoon over the dessert’s velvety chocolate centre.
700 g chocolate, melted
1 1/2 cups butter, melted
1.Heat oven to 425˚F.
2. In a double boiler, beat eggs over boiling water until just cooked. Remove from heat.
3. In a mixer, beat eggs on high speed for 10 min.
4. In a large bowl, combine melted chocolate and butter.
5. Fold beaten eggs into chocolate mixture.
6. Line 4″ aluminum tart shell moulds with flattened cupcake liners. Pour batter into moulds.
7. Place moulds in large baking dish and fill dish with 1/2″ of water. Bake in water bath for 7 min.
Yield 22 single cakes or one 10″ cake