Chefs Doug Krahn and Betty Lai,
“Budding” decorators will love these easy-to-make chocolate treats using a silk poinsettia. They add a festive touch to any Christmas dessert. Red and green melting chocolate is available at Bulk Barn, bulkbarn.ca for locations.
1 silk poinsettia
7 oz green melting chocolate
7 oz red melting chocolate
1. Take apart silk poinsettia from the centre of flower.
2. Using a double boiler over low-medium heat, melt red chocolate.
3. Using a small spoon or paintbrush, cover the back side of flower petal with red chocolate. Repeat until all petals are covered.
4. Repeat step 2 using green chocolate.
5. Paint the underside of
leaves in green chocolate. Repeat until all leaves are covered.
6. Dry the leaves and petals on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Refrigerate for 5-10 mins to set.
7. When chocolate is set, peel off of the silk leaf.
1. Place the first leaf in place.
2. Add leaves followed by petals forming it into a poinsettia shape. Use melted chocolate to glue pieces into place.
Yield 1 chocolate poinsettia