chef/co-owner Greg Anania
Pumpkin, caramel and hints of chocolate make a dreamy combination.
This is a recipe you’ll want to keep through Christmas.
2 cups graham crumbs
1 Tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup butter, melted
5 cups softened cream cheese
1 1/4 cups canned pumpkin
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1/2 Tbsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 cup brown sugar
6 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp water
1 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
1. In a small bowl, mix melted butter with crumbs, sugar and cinnamon.
2. Press into a parchment lined 10″ springform pan.
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF.
2. Mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Add pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg.
2. Slowly beat in one egg at a time. Mix in chocolate chips and pour onto crust.
2. Place pan in oven with a small baking dish of water on a low shelf. Bake for 1 hour and 15 mins.
3. Shut oven off. Slightly open door and let sit for 1 hr before removing. Refrigerate overnight.
1. In a pot on medium heat, melt sugar with water. Whisk until it boils. Remove from heat.
2. Add butter and stir until it melts. Return to boil and add cream. Whisk until smooth. Remove from heat and cool slightly before topping cheesecake.
Whisk together at high speed until stiff peaks form.
Yield 8-10 servings