Chef Helmut Mathae,
Pastry instructor at Louis Riel Arts & Technology Centre
For his chocolate recipes and sculptures, Chef Helmut uses Callebaut unsweetened dark chocolate for its superior flavour and texture. A dominantly smooth dark chocolate flavour gives way to a hint of rum.
227g unsweetened Callebaut dark chocolate
2.5 egg yolks
1/4 cup orange flower honey
2 Tbsp dark rum
4 cups whipping cream
1. In a large chilled bowl, whip cream until it forms soft peaks. Refrigerate until used.
2. Over a double boiler on medium heat, melt chocolate, stirring constantly. Set aside.
3. In a small sauce pan over medium-high heat, bring honey to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. In a small bowl, whip egg yolks until they are light in colour and foamy, approximately 10 min. On low speed, slowly add honey. Mix for 5 min. Set aside.
5. Transfer egg and honey mixture to large bowl. Whisk in rum and melted chocolate.
6. Slowly stir in 1 cup of the whipped cream, then gently fold in remaining cream.
7. Divide mousse evenly between six martini glasses and chill in fridge for two hours.
Yield 6 servings