Executive Chef Jason Gower,
Delta Winnipeg’s Blaze Bistro
This delicate pâté melts quickly. To preserve its velvety texture, serve within ten minutes of removing from freezer. The raspberry coulis provides a biting contrast to the smooth, rich chocolate pâté. A delicate cocoa taste lingers on the palate.
40g sweetened chocolate (dark or milk)
1 Tbsp + 1 heaping tsp butter
3 Tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
1/4 cup icing sugar
1. In a small bowl, whip cream until it forms peaks. Refrigerate until used.
2. Separate eggs, reserving both yolks and egg whites. Set aside.
3. Over double boiler on medium heat, melt butter and chocolate, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat and mix in cocoa and lightly beaten egg yolks.
4. In a small bowl, beat egg whites and sugar until stiff peaks form.
5. Fold egg whites into chocolate.
6. Fold in whipped cream.
7. Divide mixture into eight 2-3 oz ramekins and freeze until set, approximately 2 hours.
8. Remove from freezer 5-8 minutes before serving.
1. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, cook raspberries and sugar for
10-15 minutes, stirring constantly. Cool.
2. Spoon over chocolate terrine just before serving.
Yield 8 servings