Chef Andrea Tiwari
Bindy’s Caribbean Delights
Bindy’s pre-made jerk seasoning can be purchased at the restaurant
6-7 chicken legs and thighs (attached with skin on)
2 tsp garlic granules
2 tsp curry powder
2 tsp dark soy sauce
2 tsp jerk seasoning
1/2 cup water
1. Wash chicken and pat dry. Put into a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix garlic granules, curry powder, soy sauce, jerk seasoning and water.
3. Season chicken by rubbing mixture under skin of the chicken. Pour remaining liquid over chicken.
4. Refrigerate overnight, or for at least 2 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place chicken, bone side down, on baking sheet. Cover with foil and place on middle rack of oven. After 35 minutes, turn chicken and baste with liquid from pan. Bake for another 35 minutes. Insert toothpick into the joint of the chicken. If juices run clear, chicken is cooked.
6. Remove from oven and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Yield 7-8 servings