Owners Ivan Valencia, Marc Priestly, Kyle Matheson and manager Scott Malcolmson
Our deconstruction of the popular veggie option for burger lovers.
1 cup balsamic vinegar
pinch pepper, ground
pinch sea salt
1/2 – 1 large red onion
1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
1/4 red onion, medium diced
2 1/2 tsp mustard seed
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 cup white wine vinegar
2 tsp tarragon, finely ground
1 pinch pepper, ground
1 pinch sea salt
1 cup light mayo
1 Tbsp grainy Dijon Mustard
4 burger buns
4 portobello mushrooms
3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 cup mixed baby greens
1. Peel and core onions and slice.
2. In a pot, caramelize the onions with a minimal amount of oil.
3. Mix vinegar, pepper, and salt to make a brine. Add enough brine to cover onions and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
4. Let cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate.
1. Combine all ingredients except tomatoes in a pot and heat on high, stirring every few minutes, until mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat and let cool 15 minutes.
2. Place tomatoes in a heat safe container. Stir mixture well then pour over tomatoes. Mix well.
1. Mix all ingredients together.
1. Lightly spritz both sides of mushroom with water to moisten. Grill, covered, until mushroom is soft.
2. Lightly toast burger buns and smear with herb mayo. Add tomatoes, blue cheese, mushroom patty, onions, greens and top bun.
Yield 4 servings