Executive Chef, Diversity Foods
Robust tomatoes, fresh herbs and creamy cheese make perfect bites.
2 1/2 lbs tomatoes, quartered and seeded
4 sprigs fresh thyme
3 garlic cloves
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
2 large tomatoes
2 sprigs fresh thyme
2 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 1/2 cups olive oil
8 cups assorted mixed greens
12 large basil leaves, torn into pieces
2 Tbsp olive oil
juice of 1 fresh lemon
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 baguette, cut into slices
3 Tbsp olive oil
6 Tbsp chèvre
1. Preheat oven to 300˚F.
2. Place tomatoes on a baking sheet.
3. Scatter thyme and garlic cloves evenly over tomatoes.
4. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
5. Bake for 45 mins.
6. Stir tomatoes and bake for additional 45 mins.
7. Remove from oven. Cool completely, peel off skins and set aside.
1. In a large bowl, prepare an ice water bath.
2. Bring a large pot of water to boil on the stove top.
3. Place tomatoes in boiling water for about 60 secs or until skin splits.
4. Using a slotted spoon, remove tomatoes from pot and place in ice bath for 1 min.
5. Remove and skin.
6. Cut into quarters, seed and transfer to a glass bowl.
7. Add thyme, garlic and salt.
8. Pour enough oil to cover.
9. Let sit at room temperature at least two hrs.
1. Toss mixed greens and basil leaves with remaining ingredients.
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
2. Place baguette slices on baking sheet.
3. Using a brush, spread olive oil on top side of baguette slices.
4. Toast on middle rack for 3-5 mins.
5. Remove sheet, turn over slices and brush with olive oil.
6. Toast on middle rack for 3-5 mins.
1. Spread chèvre on grilled bread.
2. Top with a dab of tomato confit followed by marinated tomatoes.
3. Garnish with salad greens.
Yield 6 servings