True love comes with bumps so keep the mood light with a playful outlook. It could make the difference between LOL and STBY!
2 tsp gelatin
1/2 cup vodka
2 tsp cornstarch
4 cups powdered sugar
1. Mix gelatin, vodka and cornstarch in a pot. Heat over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved.
2. Pour mixture into a bowl. While mixing on low, add 1 cup of sugar at a time until it thickens into sticky dough.
3. Dust a countertop with powdered sugar. Knead dough until smooth.
4. Divide dough into equal portions.
5. Add a few drops of colour and flavour to each portion. Knead dough until colour is evenly distributed.
6. Roll each portion out to 1/8” thick. Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out hearts. Place on baking sheet.
7. Leave candy hearts at room temperature for 24 hours to harden. Flip after 12 hours.
8. Once dry, use food-safe pen to write sassy sayings.
Yield 100 candy hearts