Baker Raul Mantel,
2 1/4 cups whole milk
3 1/4 cups whipping cream
2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
2 Tbsp corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup Oreo-type cookies, crumbled
1. Mix milk and cream in a large bowl. Add beaten yolks and corn syrup. Mix thoroughly.
2. Add sugar, mix until mixture is consistent.
3. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Whisk until the mix is 180 °F. Maintain temperature for 2-3 mins, always stirring. Remove from heat.
4. Let mixture reach room temperature.
5. Add vanilla, blend.
6. Transfer mix to ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s directions.
7. When gelato is ready, add cookies, mixing gently.
8. Store in freezer for 24 hrs. Remove 30 mins before serving.
Yield 1 litre