Sweet Corn Crêpes with Strawberry Tomato Quick Jam
Corn comes off the cob for a sweet and savoury treat.
1-2 ears corn, cooked
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
2 large eggs
1 Tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp butter, melted, plus more for greasing the skillet
1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 cup strawberries, diced
1/4-1/2 cup white sugar
1. Cut kernels from corn cobs. Measure 1 cup of corn kernels and add to blender.
2. Add all remaining ingredients and blend until combined in a smooth batter.
3. Heat a crêpe pan or skillet over medium heat, greasing surface of pan with a small amount of butter. When pan is hot, ladle about a ¼ cup of batter and swirl pan to coat.
4. Cook crêpe for about 30 seconds per side. Repeat until batter is gone.
5. Serve with your favourite summer fruit preserves.
1. Mix tomatoes and strawberries in a saucepan. Add 1/4 sugar and mash with a spoon or potato masher
2. Put the saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Squeeze the juice of 1/3 of a lemon into the mixture and add the spent peel to the pot.
3. Bring to a boil and let boil for 10-15 min, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Taste the jam after 10 minutes and add more sugar if needed, to desired sweetness.
4. Remove lemon peel. Pour into a glass jar, let cool, and seal. Will keep for 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
Yield 10 crêpes