Chef David has been at the helm of the Café Carlo kitchen since its Cal-Ital focused menu launched more than 30 years ago. Since then, many global influences have informed Café Carlo’s flavour profiles maintaining its status as a beloved destination for imaginative pastas. Those in the know can attest to the addictive quality a well-balanced sauce can have, and these longstanding signature dishes are examples of perennial fan favourites at the restaurant.
Curry Cream Pappardelle
The simple addition of curry paste kicks up a cream sauce.
1 chicken breast, chopped
1 tsp garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp curry paste
pinch of black and white pepper
pinch of kosher salt
1/4 cup white wine
1 tsp basil herb paste
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp whipping cream
2 Tbsp raisins, golden and/or sultana
6 broccoli florets
1 tsp parsley
1/4 cup Granny Smith apple, sliced thinly
3 nests Nature’s Pasta pappardelle
toasted almonds, for garnish
1. Place pot of salted water on stove to boil for pasta.
2. Melt butter over med-high heat in a saucepan.
3. Add chicken and garlic, and sauté.
4. Stir in curry paste, salt and pepper, white wine, basil herb paste and lemon juice, and simmer briefly.
5. Add cream and let reduce slightly for 3-5 minutes.
6. Cook pappardelle in boiling water.
7. Add raisins to sauce, then after 2 minutes broccoli, apple and parsley.
8. Stir in cooked pappardelle and top with toasted almonds to serve.
Yield 1 serving