Dansk (Pork Schnitzel)
Chef Paul Vocadlo,
Chef Paul swears the secret ingredient of his famous schnitzel, that artfully counterbalances crisp and tender texture, is housemade bread crumbs.
2 pork tenderloin (16 oz)
2 cups milk
2 cups all purpose flour
salt and fresh cracked pepper
2 cups canola oil
2 cups bread crumbs
lemon, cut into wedges
1. Cut each tenderloin into 4 equal pieces. Cover with plastic wrap. With meat mallet gently pound pork pieces until they are approx 1/4″ thick.
2. Season pork with salt and pepper.
3. Assemble breading station with 3 bowls. Put 1 cup flour into first bowl. In second bowl, beat together eggs, 1 cup flour, 2 cups milk, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper. In third bowl place bread crumbs.
4. Lightly dip pork into first bowl to coat in flour. Next, dip floured pork into egg mix, coat. Finally, place pork on bread crumbs, press down gently. Turn pork over, press down again to coat.
5. Heat 2 cups canola oil in a skillet over medium heat.
6. Slowly lower breaded cutlets into hot oil. Cook cutlets for 3-4 mins on each side, until golden brown.
7. Remove pork from skillet to paper towel lined plate to drain oil.
8. Serve hot garnished with lemon.
Yield 4 servings