Chef Lorna Murdoch,
Pan roasted duck with Solberry sea buckthorn infused demi-glaze, wilted greens and wild rice potato latke at fusion grill.
1 whole duck, cut into 8 pieces
2 celery ribs, cut into 2″ lengths
2 carrots, quartered
8 whole black peppercorns
2 medium onions, halved with skins on
4 L cold water
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp Solberry Sea buckthorn puree
1. Bring all ingredients but puree to a boil in an 8-10 litre pot.
2. Reduce heat and gently simmer uncovered for 6 hours, skimming froth occasionally.
3. Remove duck, strain stock through a fine mesh sieve into a large bowl, discard solids.
4. Skim off and discard fat, return to pot.
5. Bring to stock boil. Reduce to 1/4 of initial volume. Stir in sea buckthorn puree, salt to taste, set aside.
6. Plate duck, ladle sauce over.
Yield 6 servings