Blaze Restaurant and Lounge, Delta Hotel by Marriott
Motto: “Food is my animal!”
Executive Chef Phil Andrews serves a fresh summer menu with familiar fare that local diner’s crave – but with healthy alternatives that appeal to business travellers seeking a variety of smart dishes. All about offering delicious options, Phil touts a fried chicken sandwich (a must-have menu item) and an herb marinated grilled chicken breast – both dressed in garlic aioli with a salty pretzel bun!
Chili spiked marinara kicks up these goat cheese rolls. Salty capers and fresh herbs brighten every bite with bold flavour.
14 oz eggplant, thinly sliced
2 oz cream cheese
1 oz goat cheese
1 cup fire roasted tomato, pureed
1/4 tsp red onion, diced
1 tsp basil, finely chopped
1/4 tsp thyme, finely chopped
1/4 tsp garlic, finely diced
1/4 tsp chili flake
1 Tbsp olive oil
1. In a mixing bowl, fold half herbs and garlic into cream cheese and goat cheese. Set cheese mixture aside.
2. Apply olive oil to eggplant slices and grill until eggplant is soft and pliable. Let cool.
3. Spread cheese mixture to eggplant and roll into three even roulades.
4. Bake at 375°F for 15 minutes.
5. For marinara, mix remaining herbs, garlic and tomato together and heat until sauce becomes thick and starts to boil.
5. Pour sauce onto plate. Stack hot roulades into a small pyramid. Garnish and serve.
Yield 3 servings