David Corby and Kristin Fillingham,
A decadent cookie, these chocolatey morsels have even white chocolate-phobes indulging. Sweet-tart cranberries, good quality rich chocolate and crunchy pistachios prove a perfect, and not too sweet, combination.
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp pure almond extract
1 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup cranberries, dried
1/2 cup white chocolate chips, melted
1/2 cup unsalted pistachios, choppped
1. Preheat oven to 325˚F.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter on medium speed. Add both sugars, egg, vanilla and almond extract. Add melted dark chocolate and stir until combined.
3. On a sheet of parchment paper, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add to chocolate mixture, mixing until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips and cranberries by hand.
4. Scoop dough into balls about the size of a ping pong ball. Place on baking sheets lined with parchment. Press down each ball, slightly, with the back of a spoon.
5. Bake about 15 min. Cool on wire rack.
6. Drizzle with white chocolate and sprinkle with pistachios.
Yield 30 cookies