Chef Giacomo Appice,
Fettuccine egg noodles turn rosy with this sweet, creamy tomato sauce. Butterfly shrimp for a pretty presentation.
1/4 cup onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp butter
1 cup asparagus, blanched and chopped
1 cup crimini mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup white wine
2 cups cream
1 cup tomato sauce
1 bag Nature’s Farm fettuccine
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
16 prawns, size 16/20
1. In a skillet, sauté onion and garlic in butter for 5 mins.
2. Add prawns and cook for 30 secs.
3. Deglaze pan with white wine. Add mushrooms and asparagus. Cook for 1 min.
4. Add tomato sauce, cream, and basil. Cook until sauce reduces (approx. 1 min.)
5. Boil fettuccine until al dente.
6. In the skillet, toss noodles with sauce until cream thickens.
Yield 4 servings