Chef Giacomo Appice,
Earthy shiitakes and tender chunks of chicken make for a rustic dish. A sprinkle of sharp parmigiano on top adds bold flavour.
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 Tbsp olive oil
2 cups shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
2 red peppers, roasted, seeded, peeled and diced
1 14-oz can plum tomatoes
1 lb chicken breast, diced
2 Tbsp flour
1/4 cup basil, chopped
1/2 cup parmigiano, grated
1 bag Nature’s Farm fettuccine
olive oil for frying
1. Dredge chicken in flour.
2. In a frying pan coated with oil, fry chicken until mostly cooked.
3. Add shiitakes and garlic. Cook for 1 min.
4. Add tomatoes and stir in red peppers. Cook for 5 mins.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Boil fettuccine until al dente. Drain and add to sauce.
7. Add basil and parmigiano. Toss in the frying pan until hot.
Yield 4 servings