Chef Fern Kirouac,
In Ferno’s Bistro
1 small onion, diced
3 bay leaves
1 lobe foie gras
1 oz whipping cream
2 oz brandy
½ lb butter, cut into small cubes
Salt and pepper
1. Cook onions and bay leaves on high heat until onions are slightly caramelized.
2. Use a warmed knife to thickly slice foie gras, and add to pan. Cook until foie gras slices are no longer pink, about 1 minute per side.
3. Remove the pan from heat and strain out the fat.
4. Remove the bay leaves and transfer the foie gras and onions into a food processor.
5. While the food processor is running, add the cream, brandy, then slowly add the butter cubes.
6. When thoroughly combined, season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve and transfer to a serving dish. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Pâté can be kept refrigerated for 1 week.