Pastry Chef Richard Warren,
The Fort Garry Hotel
These deluxe double-chocolate cookies deliver intense cocoa flavour with hits of sweet coconut and toasted walnut.
6 oz dark chocolate
1/4 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
3 oz milk chocolate chips
1. In a double boiler over medium-low heat, melt dark chocolate and butter, stirring with a wooden spoon. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 300˚F.
3. In a large bowl using a hand mixer on high, whip sugar and eggs together until light and fluffy.
4. Using a wooden spoon, gently stir in vanilla and dark chocolate and butter mixture.
5. In a large bowl, use a wooden spoon to combine flour, salt and baking powder. Add dry mixture to wet, gently combining.
6. Add walnuts, coconut and milk-chocolate chips.
7. Spoon about 2 Tbsp of dough per cookie onto baking sheet, placing about 2″ apart.
8. Bake for about 10 mins until cookies start to crack and are no longer shiny.
9. Let cool slightly before lifting off baking sheet.
Yield about 3 dozen cookies