Chef Alexander Svenne,
Bistro 7 1/4
Sunshine spills from a poached egg creating a yolky sauce for this celebration of summer.
500 g tub ricotta
2 Tbsp Parmesan, grated
1 Tbsp finely chopped sage
1 1/2 to 2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
for Asparagus Gnudi
1 lb asparagus, blanched and cut into 2” pieces
1/2 cup bacon, cut into strips and cooked
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp chopped tarragon
2 small tomatoes, wedged
1 clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
4 Tbsp grated Parmesan
4 eggs, poached
1. Combine all ingredients with 1 1/2 cups flour. Work in flour to make a soft dough, knead lightly.
2. Put dough into large piping bag. Over a pot of boiling salted water, pipe out 1” pieces of dough, using scissors to cut into boiling water.
3. When gnudi floats remove from boiling water.
4. If not using right away, cool on sheet pans in a single layer.
1. Sauté asparagus with bacon, garlic, chiles and olive oil.
2. Add gnudi and sauté. Toss in tomatoes and tarragon. Toss with butter.
3. Plate gnudi in pasta bowls. Top with Parmesan and poached egg.
Yield 4 servings